Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Ground Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrup Grumman Innovation Systems, Space Systems Group – Integrated Operations is looking for an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer to join the Ground System team to work with DOD Customers to understand and to define ground interface, security and infrastructure requirements for MMSOC/EGS/Enterprise Ground Solutions, and to define, to adapt, and to deploy ground Software and communication systems required to operate satellite missions (pre-launch, post-launch). The Ground Systems team utilizes sound engineering practices in order to develop, implement, and maintain end-to-end Satellite ground systems. It manages the requirements, design, and implementation for ground networks and end-to-end ground systems to support Mission Operations, RFP / Proposals, post-win ground operation development, existing ground systems and upgrades – to include technology refresh, and reliability / maintainability. Ground System engineers are responsible for developing and configuring ground software operation baselines – to include scripts, mission templates, command / telemetry database baselines, and developing Space-Ground ICDs. They coordinate and conduct PDR/CDR/FAT/SAT ground segment support activities.
Product Deliveries include: Space-Ground ICD, Command and Telemetry Databases, Emulator/Flastsat/Simulator baseline control.
Specific experience and responsibilities shall include:
- Designing, developing, building, and operating satellite control centers
- Familiarity / experience with MMSOC and EGS compliant Satellite ground systems
- Ground support equipment – FEP’s, Crypto hardware, Modems, routers, firewalls, Servers / workstations, Linux, MS.
- Connections to external customers, entities, and RF terminals
- Developing program specific ground ICDs per program
- Developing ground architecture based on program requirements
- Hold weekly / regular meetings with ground stakeholders
- Coordinate end-to-end testing with vehicles during the I&T phase
- Ground segment requirements management and development
- Ground software design and configuration for Telemetry Tracking - Command & Control and Mission Planning
- Ground terminal design.
- Space Vehicle to Ground and Ground to Space communication design, implementation & testing.
- Ground to Ground network communications design, implementation & testing
- Ability to support / lead Ground Segment proposal section
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
- Top Secret SSBI / SCI eligible required
- Familiarity with Air Force ground control centers
- Certifications: CompTIA Security + or equivalent
- DoD Security Experience:
Cybersecurity and IA/IS OpSec – 5205.02
Risk Management Framework – 8510.01
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years