Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Electrical Maintenance Technician - Current/Previous DOD Clearance Required
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Electrical Maintenance Technician for our Maintenance Team in our Clearfield, Utah location. Due to the current relocation of work in the near future, position will be transferred to the Magna, Utah facility in the August 2018 timeframe.
This is an internal and external job posting.
- Internal candidates will be required to complete the formal interview process. If selected for this position, internal candidates will be expected to be able to obtain a secret clearance to support applicable programs.
- External candidates must have or have had a secret clearance in the past and will be required to complete the formal interview process.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Electrical Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Perform routine electrical/electronic preventative maintenance on plant equipment, on our CNC machines, Boilers, Auto claves, HVAC, General lighting, Air compressors, Hydraulic systems, Overhead Bridge Cranes etc.
- Responsible for the repair, modification and maintenance of a variety of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Perform tasks like wiring circuits, replacing components and repairing electronic devices.
- Performs test readings using several different instruments, including semiconductor testers, curve tracers, oscilloscopes, signal generators and digital multi-meters
- Other duties to support Maintenance Team as assigned
- High School diploma/GED required (education will be verified)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 4-6 years of experience working in the manufacturing industry as an Electrical Maintenance Technician
Skills & Qualifications:
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Background in Electrical fundamentals
- VFD drives
- PLC Experience
- Electrician: Must be licensed and knowledgeable in 3 phase and single-phase power distribution systems, motor controls, wiring and trouble shooting of such systems.
- Experience with 480volt power and logic circuits
- Strong computer, math, analytical, and planning skills
- Current on NEC code
- Must be able to understand and follow electrical schematics proficiently without supervision
- Familiar with machine control systems
- Ability to troubleshoot (complex) machine control systems
- Able to interpret PLC logic as it relates to its application to process and equipment for troubleshooting purposes
- Identify the features and functions of controllers
- Describe and compare pneumatic and electronic controllers
- Identify the signal path through a control circuit
- Describe the function of resistors, comparators, proportional band amplifiers, integral amplifiers, differentiating amplifiers, summing amplifiers, and the transducer
- Visually identify indicators on electronic controllers as well as set point, process, output, and alarms
- Visually identify controls on electronic controllers as well as set point control, auto-manual selector switch, and manual/valve control
- Identify appropriate equipment and demonstrate procedures for calibrating and troubleshooting display indicators
- Identify appropriate test points and demonstrate procedures for calibrating and troubleshooting alarm indicators
- Identify appropriate equipment for calibrating control circuits and calibrate proportional, integral, and derivative zero on the control circuit
- Identify appropriate equipment for troubleshooting control circuits
- Working knowledge and experience working on HVAC equipment
- Troubleshooting and making repairs to electrical circuits
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Licensed Journeyman or Master Electrician
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to solve problems
- Willingness to meet customer needs
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED