Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Principal Tool & Gauge Inspector
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently recruiting for a Sr. Principal Tool & Gauge Inspector to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
This job involves detailed inspection of composites parts throughout the manufacturing process of composite structures for quality and design verification in a fast paced high rate production environment. It requires knowledge and experience related to laser tracker systems, detailed dimensional inspections of machined parts and tooling, use of standard measuring instruments and a background of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of experience using laser tracker inspection systems
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- Must be able to use laser tracker systems for detailed dimensional inspections of tooling and composite parts
- Candidate should have technical strengths in composite processing, operations and inspection
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specification, and operating procedures
- Knowledge and experience with Spatial Analysis, Polyworks and Verisurf Software
- Excellent computer skills required (Microsoft applications)
- Must be able to use standard measuring equipment
- Experience using power and/or hand tools
- Strong coursework in Math (Geometry and Trigonometry)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Must be able to work weekends
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organizationStrong attention to detail and accuracy
- High aptitude for learning
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Education: High School/GED