Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Principal Carpenter for our Elkton, Maryland office.
The Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
This Maintenance Crafts position performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair, as well as new construction on plant facilities, and equipment.
Primary duties include
- Installation of commercial doors, concrete and foundation work, roof repairs, concrete and epoxy repairs, sheetrock installation and repair, wall and roof framing, carpenter finish work, etc.
- Safe and competent operation of grinders, saws, planer, joiner, shaper, drill press, all power hand tool etc.
- Ability to understand and read blue prints,
- Knowledge of load bearing construction, roof pitches, and shop mathematics
- Understanding of OSHA, local and state regulations
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check for the Federal Safe Explosives Act (SEA)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Evidence showing 6 years of recent work experience in the carpenter field within an industrial and/or commercial environment
- Can be filled at lower with less work experience
- Experience with painting
- Journeyman Carpenter a plus
Competencies for Success:
- Safety First attitude
- Actively engage in continuous improvement efforts
- Demonstrates initiative and ambition to become proficient in all job duties
- Able to work to performance standards with little or no supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: None
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED