Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Communications Rep
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGIS is seeking a Principal Communications Representative for our Mesa, AZ location.
The Principal Communications Representative develops and executes communications plans and tactics to successfully position and tell the company story (its people, its capabilities and its products) to its key internal and external stakeholders. This individual will be responsible for producing a variety of content for the division and local site’s external and internal communications programs. The Communications Representative reports directly to the Defense Group Director of Communications. The position is based in Mesa, AZ and will require travel (up to 15%).
This position requires a high-energy communications generalist with the knowledge, skills and ability to successfully plan, develop and deliver effective strategic communications products. Proven ability to write, present ideas concisely and experience in providing content across multiple platforms is essential. The individual will be expected to perform "hands-on" activities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple deadlines and priorities. Initiative, motivation to continual improvement, collaboration and the ability to deliver on commitments are keys to success. The individual will be required to establish and maintain strong relations across (to include senior management) and outside the organization.
- Develop and execute public relations strategies for Mesa portfolio
- Support Business Development with strategic yet tactical communication plans
- Provide communications counsel to management and division leadership
- Collaborate with organizational partners in producing content (both written and verbal communications) for social media, corporate internet content, media relations and collateral materials
- Collaborates with industry partners and customers to create co-marketing opportunities
- Participate in creating direction and execution for external and internally-sponsored events
- Develop positive media relationships (industry and local media)
- Collaborate with organizational partners to create content that informs employees (benefits, community relations and volunteer opportunities and operational information)
- Manage division level intranet site and digital signage media platforms
- Assist in the planning and execution of internal events (to include company celebrations and community involvement)
- Excellent verbal and written skills – ability to create content that tells the organization’s story
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
- BA/BS in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Minimum 9 years of experience
- Technical understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, You Tube and Pinterest)
- Strong networking skills
- Customer service centric skills
- Preferred industry experience in Communication/PR Roles in within the defense industry, military, B2B, or agency experience supporting a technical field
- Skilled in creating, editing and promoting written and visual content
- Ability to travel (15%)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years