Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Automation/Robotics Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) is currently recruiting a Principal Automation/Robotics Engineer in our Plymouth, MN location.
Principal Automation/Robotics Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- The development and implementation of automation in mechanical assembly, fixturing and inspection processes, including design, specification.
- Directing and managing vendors, installation and qualification of automated systems and equipment.
- Updating, modifying, continuously improving and documenting new and existing control systems including robotic programs, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, hydraulics and pneumatics distribution and control.
- Conducting research on robotic technologies to create new robotic systems or system capabilities.
- Coordinating between Engineering and Maintenance on existing machine control modifications to robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and vision systems.
- Building, configuring, integrating and testing robotics with peripherals such as controllers or other equipment.
- Developing robotic paths and maximizing efficiency, safety and quality.
- Investigating mechanical and electrical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- Scheduling and completing back-ups of all electronic machine controls and robotic programs.
- BS in Automation, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience
- Comparable industry experience working in a production setting as a Process Engineer, Controls Engineer or Automation Engineer or Electrical Technician will be considered.
- Experience with robots, numerical control systems and PLCs such as Siemens and Allen Bradley.
- Experience with CAD software including Solidworks, Creo, and AutoCAD.
- Experience working with and in explosive environment.
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstration of organizational agility.
- Microsoft Office experience including Visio and Project.
- Able to obtain and maintain Secret Level clearance.
Competencies for Success:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding and broad application of technical standards, principles, theories and techniques in engineering.
- Provides technical solutions to a moderate range of challenging problems. Solutions are creative, practical and consistent with organization objectives.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and project milestones.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse, system engineering environment.
- High energy individual.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with any organization at all levels
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years