Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Electrical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer will perform analysis, design and/or test of complex designs. This position will also study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering principles involved, and with general direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Evaluate completed design with senior engineers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a design that satisfies requirements.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to evaluate the design.
- Prepare and present electrical engineering materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Apply electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
- Develop and oversee test programs as needed to evaluate components and systems.
- Support and lead the testing and/or evaluation/validation of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software tools.
- Support trade studies for component or system level designs.
- Participates in the creation of and manages changes to circuit, component, or system level design or analytical models.
- Provide formal peer review of simple engineering designs or analyses for less experienced engineers.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service, constantly seeking out new sources of information to meet customer needs.
- May also oversee component supplier design, analysis, manufacture and test.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and 4 years of experience
- Broad understanding and application of electrical engineering technical standards
- Team player who actively and effectively participates and contributes in a positive manner
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years