Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Mechanical Technician
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Education and Experience:
Senior Mechanical Technician Job Description:
The selected candidate must have or be able to acquire an active Top Secret Clearance and will work as a Senior Mechanical technician on the mechanical build and processing of Northrop Grumman Spacecraft and structures as assigned. The candidate will acquire necessary skills on-the-job under the tutelage of principal level technicians and engineers. The candidate should be able to support mechanical leads and engineers with the installation of extremely fragile space hardware onto space vehicles and additionally have the ability to proactively identify issues, escalate to appropriate channels, and suggest solutions to engineering for review. The desired candidate should have team building skills, leadership skills, organizational skills, personal skills, and a strong follow-through “can do” attitude. The selected candidate will be required to support spacecraft and spacecraft subsystem testing which includes but is not limited to vibration, acoustic, propulsion, thermal vacuum, and thermal cycle testing as assigned. In addition, the selected candidate must be willing and able to work off shifts, weekends, overtime, and travel for launch campaigns. Occasional short term projects with travel may be required.
The selected candidate should possess the following skills:
- A thorough understanding of Clean Room requirements, Hazardous Material Handling, Hazardous Operations protocols, and related operational protocols.
- The ability to support and maintain work areas up to company ESD, FOD and 5S standards.
- A thorough Hands-on knowledge and experience with the use of a variety of hand tools and mechanical equipment with the ability to read, interpret, and execute work to mechanical assembly drawings and BOM's.
- The ability to demonstrate advanced technical knowledge in manufacturing operations and procedures as it pertains to mechanical assembly with a high attention to detail.
- Understanding and ability to perform epoxy bonding and polymeric application as it pertains to space flight hardware.
- The technical prowess to tackle and understand new engineering designs.
The candidate must be a U.S Citizen and shall possess technical training equivalent to an Associate Degree and a minimum of 6 years of related experience as a Mechanical technician or equivalent. Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Power point are required. Solumina MES, TipQA, Windchill, CREOView, and Spacecraft processing knowledge preferred. Experience with critical/hazardous operations a plus.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years