Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Electrical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Principal Electrical Engineer will join a dynamic and growing team in Rocket City, WV. This role performs analysis, design, and tests complex designs. Using ingenuity and creativity, you will work to plan, prepare, and complete the design; evaluating completed designs with senior engineers and other technical groups to make modifications as required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct test programs
- Oversee component supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and testing
- Anticipates internal and external customer needs and finds innovative ways to provide solutions
- Leads, prepares, and presents electrical materials during Requirements and Design Reviews and other formal program reviews
- Provides formal peer review of more detailed engineering designs or analyses
- Business develop support includes preparation of subsystem technical proposal
- Study design concepts and criteria for complex components for electrical systems and subassemblies and applies advanced engineering principles to develop new designs for projects
- Leads work groups to complete tasks
Requirements Derivation/ Test Development:
- Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution
- Analyze project requirements and develop detailed planning, conceptual designs
- Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more electrical components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation
Risk and Uncertainty Quantification:
- Perform risk analysis on design, analyses, and planned activities
- Apply principles of uncertainty quantification to owned program, product, and planned activity
Analysis and Design:
- Performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex designs, components, or functional systems
- Lead and prepare trade studies for component or system level designs
- Create and manage changes to electrical component or system or analytical models
Education and Experience:
BS in Electrical Engineering and 7 years of experience, or Masters in Engineering and 5 years of experience, or a PhD and 2 years of experience
Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to identify uncertainty and risk associated with model(s)
- Expert understanding and application of electrical engineering technical standards
- Extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of other related disciplines
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years