Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Engineering Process Center Leader
As a key strategic member of the Orbital ATK-Goleta leadership team, the Engineering Process Center Leader (PCL) is responsible for the planning, standardizing, implementing and enhancing engineering processes and methods that support the value stream organization (VSO) and its objectives. Must have experience with deployable systems for space applications. Must be able to create, implement, improve and maintain sound engineering processes using communication, lean strategies and tactics to satisfy customer and business needs. Through collaboration with direct reports, the engineering team and functional managers, the Engineering PCL is responsible for resource management and prioritization to provide prompt response and situational resolutions to meet all VSO goals and objectives. The Engineering PCL must have a combination of industry knowledge, leadership skills, management expertise and in-depth knowledge of the design engineering process.
- Accountable to Engineering Manager for meeting the engineering Safety, Quality, Delivery, Employee performance and Cost (SQDEC) expectations of internal and external customers for direct reports and technical teams
- Intense focus and ownership of employee and team performance, coaching, and development to optimize current performance and prepare/support for future
- Support engineering manager to drive and ensure discipline of processes, tools, and procedures (to include risk management) for team to successfully meet business needs
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Functions (Program Managers, Manufacturing, Quality, HR, etc.) to achieve business and SQDEC goals via sharing of resources, tools, equipment, processes, etc.
- Lead the Engineering department in special disciplines including processes, materials, design for manufacturability, and specialty analyses (reliability, FMEA, etc.)
- Lead Document Control/Configuration Management processes and team.
- Assist Engineering Manager in establishing and maintaining metrics that provide real-time visibility to measure, monitor, control, and improve process performance, including key inputs, outputs, and early warning event triggers.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to create a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork, sharing, and disciplined root cause problem solving. Familiarity with use and application of LEAN / PES culture.
- Ability to direct multiple engineering disciplines to reach common goals and objectives.
- Ability to provide technical communication and coordination with and comfort around senior leadership.
- Experience managing budgets (overhead and direct labor yield management.
- Create, improve and sustain engineering systems, standards, processes and business tools.
- Strong knowledge in engineering systems and processes such as CAD, FEA, and GD&T.
- Detailed knowledge of mechanical design, structures, mechanisms, materials, processes and specialty analyses.
- Engineering BS Degree required. Engineering MS degree preferred
- Experience - minimum 10 years with BS, 5 years with MS
- Proven track record of managing direct reports of various levels and disciplines
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, listening
- ITAR Requirements: To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years