Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Configuration Management Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Configuration Management Analyst to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include:
- Ability to coordinate and administer configuration management activities related to planning, identification, change management, status accounting, verification and audit
- Facilitate enterprise item / drawing releases and change requests
- Facilitate Configuration Control Board reviews
- Ensure product data structure alignment between PLM and ERP systems
- Assist in performing configuration status accounting and configuration audits
- Assist in ensuring conformance to applicable company CM processes (CMMI and AS9100)
- Assist in ensuring conformance to industry CM standards following the guidance provided in EIA-649 and MIL-HDBK-61A
- Ability to interface successfully with Program Managers, Contracts, Engineers and Navy counterparts to ensure configuration and data items are managed appropriately and in compliance with contract requirements
- Ability to decipher and disseminate CM requirements contained within contractual documentation
- Proficiency with product lifecycle management system
- Associates degree in Business or Management
- 3 to 7 years of Configuration Management training or experience on defense programs
- Specific training in configuration management through certification program a bonus
- Knowledge of Data Management and CDRL processing preferred
- Secret clearance preferred, eligibility for Secret clearance required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Information Technology