Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently recruiting a CNC Machinist in our Dayton, OH location.
- Experience and proven ability to operate a 5-axis CNC vertical machining center a must.
- Performs tasks on CNC vertical machining centers in the manufacturing process, specific experience in large three dimensional components a plus.
- Programs and edits using G&M codes at the machine.
- Interprets drawings or design into code programming language for CNC equipment.
- Revises and/or updates programs to reflect shop, engineering or program changes.
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- 5 years minimum experience setting up and operating 4 or 5 axis CNC vertical machining centers— Belotti experience a plus
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to make decisions and work with limited supervision
- Ability to solve problems
- Proficient with measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers etc.)
- G&M-code proficient
- Composite materials machining experience a plus
- Demonstrated effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple tasks.
- Commitment to work off shifts will be required in the future.
- Commitment to travel out of state for temporary work if needed
- Willingness to work at either of our Beavercreek or Kettering locations as needed
- Ability to acquire a DoD Security Clearance is required, which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite—current Secret clearance is a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
For more information:
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED