Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an Operations Manager for our aerospace structures facility in Beavercreek, OH.
As an Operations Manager, you will manage a team of Operations Supervisors over our Military Systems Programs and will be responsible for the combined strategic (long-term) and tactical (short-term) management planning activities.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Accountable to meet or exceed the safety, quality, delivery, employee and cost expectations of internal and external customers across assigned programs.
- Ownership and accountability for effective hand-offs through all functional and process center areas.
- Responsible for execution and continuous improvement of Daily Management processes and communicate/escalate key issues to leadership and throughout the organization
- Collaborate and coordinate with site Operations functional leaders (Mfg. Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, and EH&S) and Business Support Functions (Product Owners and Leads, Program Managers, Finance, Contracts, and HR) to achieve product and site goals via sharing of resources, tools, equipment, and processes
- Plan, execute and revise staffing and facility requirements to ensure customer delivery and internal schedule commitments are met, to include identifying and eliminating constraints
- Plan, monitor and improve the budgeting and actual cost performance of labor and materials within assigned work areas
- Strengthen the Operations team through development and deployment of operational tactics to employees, provide intense focus and ownership on coaching and employee development, and ensure discipline and continuous improvement of all process standards
- Support customer proposals by providing basis of estimates for labor and schedule durations to support winning new orders.
- Ensure that equipment and machinery are maintained in accordance with preventative maintenance schedules for each assigned area. Coordinate with Facilities Department as required.
- BS/BA degree with a minimum of 8 years manufacturing experience, or High School diploma/GED with 10+ years’ experience (education will be verified)
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of combined Engineering, Operations, and/or Program Management experience of which 2 years must be operations leadership, demonstrating an ability to lead, build and manage effective cross-functional teams. Prefer minimum of 5 years of Operations Leadership experience.
- Experience managing Supervisors over touch labor employees in an Operations organization
- Requires a proven track record, passion and relentless drive for achieving manufacturing and operational results and effective and timely decision making.
- Requires root cause problem solving and continuous improvement skills.
- Requires knowledge and experience with executing process standards focused on composite structure manufacturing and risk management identification and mitigation.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork, sharing and disciplined root cause problem solving
- Customer Focus – Building strong internal and external customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Decision Quality – Making good risk conscience and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Optimizes Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensures accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Builds effective teams – Building strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. Strong communication skills.
- Drives engagement – Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Demonstrates self-awareness – Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
Instills trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video: https://youtu.be/UpOlmJAxA9w
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years