Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Mission Assurance Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
OrbitalATK is currently looking for a Mission Assurance Engineer to join our team in Clearfield, Utah and support our Swing Shift.
This position supports swing shift and will work Monday to Friday, 11 pm to 7:30 am.
Focus on developing, establishing and maintaining Mission Assurance policies and procedures, processes and controls thereby ensuring both performance and quality of manufactured products conform to established company, international (AS9100), and governmental requirements, as well as lasting customer satisfaction.
Expectation to understand the design intent, failure modes, requirements and specifications of the product as well as the manufacturing processes, process controls, statistics, SPC, and quality inspections.
Provide expertise and guidance in interpreting governmental regulations, agency guidelines and internal policies/procedures to assure compliance and will serve as liaison between the Case COE and various other organizations including some governmental agencies. Work directly with operating entities to ensure that inspections, statistical process control analyses and audits are conducted on a continuing basis as specified to enforce requirements, meet specifications and improve processing.
- Review aerospace drawings and specification requirement interpretation
- Write new and update existing quality procedures and inspection requirements
- Lead and participate in nonconformance investigations to determine root cause, corrective action, preventative action, and corrective/preventive action implementation
- Provide and support nonconformance analysis for product and processes
- Concur with material review board dispositions for product nonconformances
- Assure nonconformances that occur are adequately analyzed, appropriate root-cause determination is made, and appropriate corrective/preventive action is taken and verify the implementation of such corrective/preventive actions.
- Coordinate, identify parts nonconformance history, and communicate trends to all involved with the product/process.
- Participate in program and quality assurance reviews
- Conduct internal audits of processes and procedures and act as an escort for internal and external auditors
- Track and report monthly quality performance metrics
- Ensure customer requirements are our 1st priority
- Day-to-day activities will include side-by-side participation with manufacturing, engineering, and inspection personnel, ensuring a high quality product and process and removing non-value added time in the activities
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, or Chemical preferred) or Material Science and 1.5 years of experience in Engineering or Material Science. MS in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, or Chemical preferred) or Material Science and 0 years of experience.
- Initiative, highly motivated self starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- 1.5 years of experience in an aerospace (preferred) quality role.
- Highly self-motivated person, able to take the initiative to become involved in activities to help resolve problems and make improvements
- Skilled in making quick decisions which support the customer requirements and needs of our organization
- Start up program knowledge and experience a plus
- Experience in a fast paced aerospace environment
- Failure investigation techniques
- Writing procedures
- Auditing experience
- Knowledge of AS9100/EN/ISO9100
- Experience in process improvements to ensure the elimination of waste in a process without sacrificing the quality of the process and/or product
- Able to juggle multiple projects and ensure complete follow through to timely closure of issues
- Good people skills, working with people of all disciplines of an organization
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a dynamic fast paced, changing environment
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of dimensional inspection and GD&T
- Generic quality assurance experience
- First Article Inspection knowledge
- Inspection planning writing and reviewing
Competencies for Success:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to deal effectively with stress and conflict
- High energy, results oriented, self reliant, team player
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent organizational and multi tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated work ethic
Requisition may be filled at a lower level Eng I, Quality Assurance with a BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical preferred) or Materials Science and 0 years of related experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video: https://youtu.be/UpOlmJAxA9w
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years