Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Mission Assurance Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Mission Assurance Engineer to support the Freeport Composite Center of Excellence Quality Functions within our Aerospace Structures team in our Clearfield, Utah facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Authoring documentation to instruct operations on successful execution of quality requirements.
- Writing and managing non-conformances & corrective actions, utilizing six sigma tools to seek true root cause elimination / prevention.
- Active contributor to Change Control Boards, supporting process improvements through the complete process
- First Article Inspection documentation when required by the programs.
- Raw material Statistical Quality Control (SQC), when required by the programs.
- Champion Quality objectives and projects to achieve business success
- Lead core quality improvement projects to build compliant and cost effective processes with sustainable improvements.
- Focus on reductions to Cost of Poor Quality through innovation and process improvements using Six Sigma tools, and LEAN strategies
- Support external and internal audits, process observations and area assessments.
- Establish and maintain collaboration partnership with across functions and programs, customers, program management, and other support organizations.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, or Chemistry
- Minimum 1.5 years’ experience with B.S.
- Prior Aerospace manufacturing experience a plus
- Composite manufacturing experience is a plus
Competencies for success:
- Good organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to solve problems effectively
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles
This position is on Day shift. The position is responsible to support assigned teams when and where needed as required.
Requisition may be filled at a lower level Engineer, Mission Assurance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video: https://youtu.be/UpOlmJAxA9w
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years