Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently recruiting for an Operations Supervisor at our Dayton, OH location.
As a Northrop Grumman composite Operations Supervisor you will manage a team of composite technicians to meet on-time delivery on commercial and military programs. You will be responsible for maintaining a safe and compliant area in accordance with Northrop Grumman policy and procedures as well as development of personnel, cross training, staffing and managing resources that support a 24/7 operation.
- Executing day-to-day operations of a group of employees who generally perform a single task or multiple, but closely related tasks
- Ensuring tools, plans, people and material are available to complete assigned workloads
- Daily tie-in with production management for work load, priority and the supervision of assigned personnel
- Creating a safe work environment
- Training technicians on procedures, quality documents, and safety of Operations
- Directing staff in the completion of daily production operations goals for multiple commercial and military programs
- Responsibility for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies
- Participation in continuous improvement activities
- Responsibility for performance management and corrective action
- Delegating correction action on incidents and FOD issues
- Responsibility for building evacuations in the event of a fire and directing emergency
- 5 or more years of experience working with composite layup and assembly required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience managing 10 or more direct reports
- Demonstrated use of manufacturing performance measurement tools
- Demonstrated use of production control tools (e.g., schedule, MRP, manpower forecasts)
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding of root cause analysis
- Understanding MSDS Information
- Understanding of process and equipment capability
- Understanding cost effective methods of manufacturing
- Must be able to work a flexible shift work schedule - to include nights, weekends, and overtime
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Active Department of Defense security clearance
- Experience in a high rate manufacturing environment preferred
- Aerospace and/or composites experience preferred
- Experience in implementing continuous improvement
- Successful history of managing high energy assignments in a large plant promoting, a safe and productive climate preferred
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set
Safety first mind-set
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years