Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Composite Prototype Tech
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently recruiting Composite Prototype Technicians at our Dayton, OH location.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD SECRET SECURITY clearance
- Must have two or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably with composite structures)
- Must be capable and willing to perform a variety of tasks which may include fabrication, layup, coating, and operation of CNC machines, ovens and autoclaves.
- Follow procedures precisely to achieve close tolerance results
- Operates hand tools including drills, routers, and saws in high precision manufacturing processes….. including computer interface controls and light-duty bench or floor type machine tools
- Operates forklifts
- Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances
- Conscious of Personal/TEAM safety
- Responsible for product quality
- Commitment to work off shifts if needed
- Commitment to travel out of state for temporary work if needed
- Willingness to work at either of our Beavercreek or Kettering locations as needed
- 4 year minimum experience with composite layup
- Experience with A&P work (Airframe & Powerplant))
- Able to read and interpret written procedures and perform the functions as specified by the procedure
- Able to work in a standing position for extended time periods
- Demonstrates good mechanical aptitudes and ability to perform work in close tolerance situations
- Understands basic math skills and ability to read and use various calibrated measuring instruments, accurately
- Demonstrates positive attitude toward operational safety, product quality, product schedule, and product cost
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in team environment.
- Ability to understand and work with knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles and disciplines
- Ability to work well in hand crafted product environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
For more information:
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED