Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Engineering Manager, RF Test
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager for Radio Frequency Testing at our Dayton, OH location.
Northrop Grumman’s Dayton, Ohio design, manufacturing, and test facility is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Engineering Manager, Radio Frequency (RF) Testing. This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager and lead a team of skilled RF technicians to oversee the day-to-day operations of our RF test laboratory, including a large compact range. The ideal candidate will exhibit a working knowledge of radio frequency testing, including:
- Direct RCS and Antenna Tests (Test Plan generation, customer interface, team leadership, hand-on execution; overall technical responsibility for test success)
- Collect, process, and understand both RCS and Antenna Pattern Data
- Lead and mentor less experienced engineers and technicians
- Antenna / RCS Modeling/predictions using HFSS and/or FEKO
- Provide marketing support and meet with potential and existing customers to grow the business
- Support proposals with technical approach and pricing estimates
- Maintain and provide upgrade support for RCS/Antenna measurement capability
- Establish processes and procedures that satisfy quality, schedule, performance, and financial parameters according to both company and customer expectations
- Maintain RCS Range Book certification
- Other engineering-related duties as assigned
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise
Relevant experience should include Low Observables, CEM Analysis, RF / Engineered Materials, Project Leadership and/or Systems Engineering.
The candidate must be capable of executing managerial responsibilities in a manner consistent with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Including the following:
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees
- Appraising performance
- Rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Interpret company policy guidelines to workers and enforcement of all safety regulations
Weekly planning and project status updates will be required. Regular communication with management staff and customers, along with Integrated Product Team (IPT) members is expected to be successful. Plan and assist hardware test validation using standard microwave equipment and techniques including vector network analyzer (VNA) and anechoic chamber.
- Active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain (requires US Citizenship)
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (ABET), specializing in RF / Electromagnetics; M.S. or Ph.D. is desirable
- Minimum 7 years with B.S. or related experience, 5 years with M.S. or PhD
- Working experience within various anechoic test chambers
- Working experience with the test and evaluation of microwave devices, utilizing RF test equipment such as a Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
- Relevant experience in aerospace industry, with experience in LO structures, conformal antenna apertures / arrays, FSS radomes
- Solid background in electromagnetics
- Willingness to work cooperatively in a team
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Experience fostering and leading in a culture of continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create software algorithms for design, optimization, and data analysis using tools such as MATLAB or FORTRAN
- Familiar with common material measurements for the extraction of electrical properties
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing processes
- Ability to code in MATLAB
- Experience with commercial Computational Electromagnetic (CEM) codes such as HFSS, FEKO, PMM, XPATCH, RAM2D, etc.
- Ability to work across multiple projects and follow through to completion
Initial survey and phone interview(s), followed by on-site professional interview, including a presentation demonstrating stated capabilities may be required. A background verification, including references supporting relevant work experience will be required.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years