Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Quality Inspector to join our Dayton, OH office.
- Receiving Inspection of materials and services; involving physical inspection and review of vendor certifications for compliance.
- Inspection of internally manufactured parts and final assemblies throughout all stages of production; including photo etch, manufactured circuits, machining, composite layups, paint, assembly, and testing.
- Responsible for inspection of product in accordance with drawings, work instructions, quality acceptance procedures, and maintenance of acceptance documentation/ records.
- Additional responsibilities will include calibration of tooling, gaging, and other equipment on-site or by coordination with outside suppliers.
- Inspection will encompass a variety of techniques; e.g., visual inspection, conventional metrology (height gages, gage pins, thread gages, and dial indicators), calipers, micrometers, functional gages, and Coordinate Measurement Machines.
- Support project teams on corrective actions, root cause investigations, and other continuous improvement activities.
- May require flexibility to work second shift to meet customer delivery dates.
- Active DoD security clearance or the ability to obtain a DoD clearance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
- Minimum of 2 years inspection experience in an Aerospace or similar technical environment.
- Experienced with use of technical drawings, and following manufacturing work instructions and inspection procedures.
- Basic computer knowledge; e.g., Microsoft Office Suite
- Associates Degree in a Physical Science or Manufacturing related area
- Good working knowledge and experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experienced with CNC machined products manufacturing/ inspection
- Experienced with composites manufacturing/ inspection
- Experienced with practices associated with AS9100 Quality Management Systems
- Experienced with operating and programming of CMM and/or laser tracker inspection equipment.
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED