Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Works closely with Designers and or Engineers to develop layouts, create and revise detail drawings of moderate complexity for mechanical and /or electro-mechanical components utilizing CADD and PLM softwares under minimal supervision.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a CAD Drafter to join our team in our Dayton, OH office.
- Prepare 2D drawings from 3D models for Electrical Circuits, some Mechanical & Tooling from notes, sketches and general instructions and guidance from Engineers utilizing Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing practices per ASME Y14.100 and Mil-Standard 100.
- The Drafter will create or modify drawings and models utilizing AUTOCAD, Unigraphics NX 9.0, CATIA, CREO and Teamcenter.
- Perform necessary calculations for basic sizing of part interfaces
- Coordinate design criteria with Engineering and Manufacturing.
- HS diploma or equivalent required; prefer AA degree or technical training in addition to HS diploma.
- 2-4 years of detail/layout drafting experience
- 2-4 years AUTOCAD
- 2-4 years with emphasis on Electrical Circuits Drafting
- 2-4 years Mechanical Drafting
- Geometric Dimensioning &Tolerancing
- ASME Y14.100 and Mil-Standard 100
- Ability to work in a team
- Candidate sought must be able to carefully follow verbal and written instructions, quickly adapt to processes and different CAD software in a fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office and CAD software
- Engineering math concepts (algebra, trigonometry and geometry)
- Demonstrated effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to acquire a Security Clearance is required, which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
- Graduate of a CAD/Drafting/Design/Computer Aided program
- AUTOCAD, Unigraphics NX 9.0, CATIA, CREO and Teamcenter
- Electrical Artwork design for circuits
- Modeling detailed parts
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video https://youtu.be/UpOlmJAxA9w
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED