Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Material Control Assistant
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Principal Material Control Assistant in Ridgecrest, CA. Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
Provides production control activities that manages the day to day activities of the production floor with regards to work orders, inventory management and purchase requisition generation.
- Maintains schedules for material requirements and availability for the manufacture of products to support production control
- Expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules
- Assists in determining possible and actual shortages and may initiate action to correct these deficiencies.
- Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations relating to specific portion of the product for guidance of production workers.
- Maintains progress reports, schedules, and other related records. Prepares lists of materials, accessories, and parts used in production, and lists total material requirements
- Prepares purchase requisitions to purchasing department for use in preparing purchase orders.
Required Education and Experience
- Experience with MS office applications
- 1 year of Experience with MRP Systems.
Preferred Education and Experience
- AA or BS degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Secret clearance is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years