Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Sustainment Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman, Special Mission Aircraft (SMA) is seeking a multi-discipline Principal Systems Engineer at our Fort Worth, TX site to manage the sustainment lifecycle of Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft. This person will be responsible for investigating, analyzing and recommending sustainment/operational impacts of the complete, integrated air-systems. Candidate will be required to identify, initiate, and accomplish in-depth analysis of aircraft/systems readiness and coordinate with program management to implement corrective actions. This position will be responsible for defining and managing improvement plans in support of aircraft availability and readiness.
This position will also have assignments related to other systems requiring reviews of supply posture, reviews of existing maintenance techniques/procedures, development of maintenance plans, modification to existing maintenance plans, component obsolescence analysis, and assessments associated with optimizing life cycle costs and improving fleet availability.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical thinking and business acumen skills, be collaborative, exhibit organizational skills, demonstrate proactive thinking, and produce work products under short deadlines. Candidate must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Strong Project/Program Management skills in order to lead and conduct analysis of complex sustainment/engineering issues.
- Self-initiative to develop processes/procedures to assess gaps and recommend improvements with existing sustainment approach
- People skills to communicate and coordinate status and recommended improvements with management and to the customer
- Experience with sustainment and logistics
- Experience with military aircraft operations
- Experience with military service operations and customers
- Experience conducting business case analysis.
- Experience with performance metric measures, risk and reporting techniques
- Experience with analysis tools, data management and comparative analysis
- Proficient in defining and incorporating sustainment technical requirements in support of program execution and problem resolution
- Aircraft knowledge
Ability to develop and brief presentation material to leadership and to customers on analysis results and recommendations. This includes communicating the analysis in concise terms, detailing impacts, risk and potential efficiencies of the project.
- Technical experience with design and operation of integrated mission and fire control systems
- Engineering design and test experience
- Successful candidate must be capable of integrating across multiple IPTs including engineering, sustainment, and procurement
- Project/program management experience
- Proposal development experience
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement, affordability, and adaptability
- Experience working with lighting/NVIS systems
- Experience working with weapons and weapon support equipment
- Experience working with communication and datalink systems
- Experience working with defensive sensors and countermeasure systems
Education: BS in Engineering discipline
Clearance: Yes, secret minimum
Level: minimum of 7 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years