Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Logistics Planning Specialist
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman, Special Mission Aircraft (SMA) is seeking a Logistics Planning Specialist at our Fort Worth, TX site to support the sustainment lifecycle of Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft. The candidate will perform and monitor logistics management activities. These activities include the planning, management and delivery of goods/services from the supplier source to the customer, survey planning of sites both inside and outside the continental United States and the management of personnel distribution and support processes. Assists in preparing, monitoring, coordinating, and consolidating logistics processes and inputs for United States Government and Direct Commercial Sales contracts. Assists in developing and managing logistics risks, opportunities and processes for requests for proposals, contract award, execution and close-out. Performs in-transit and destination site planning for personnel, aircraft and support equipment, identifies limiting factors and alternate methods of logistics support. Collect lessons learned for use in future contracts and programs. Competencies include solid critical thinking skills, good problem resolutions skills, good at organizing and planning ahead, ability to work well with others, flexible and able to adapt, good at dealing with conflict and resolving it, able to delegate tasks, able to communicate effectively speaking and writing, and excellent leadership skills. Microsoft Office experience a must especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Strong Project/Program Planning and Management skills in order to lead and conduct analysis of complex transportation, site planning and sustainment issues.
- Self-initiative to develop processes/procedures to develop and assess logistics planning processes and recommend improvements with existing sustainment approach
- People skills to communicate and coordinate status and recommended improvements with management and to the customer
- Experience with sustainment and logistics
- Experience with military service operations, aircraft operations and foreign and domestic customers
- Experience conducting business case analysis.
- Experience with performance metric measures, risk and reporting techniques
- Experience with analysis tools, data management and comparative analysis
- Proficient in defining and incorporating sustainment requirements in support of program execution and problem resolution
- Experience with the deployment and sustainment of personnel/equipment in both developed and austere locations
Ability to develop and brief presentation material to leadership and to customers on analysis results and recommendations. This includes communicating the analysis in concise terms, detailing impacts, risk and potential efficiencies of the project.
- Successful candidate must be capable of integrating across multiple IPTs including sustainment and procurement
- Project/program management experience
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement, affordability, and adaptability
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics Discipline
Clearance: Yes, Secret minimum
Level: minimum of 5 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years