Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Field Service Representative
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Special Mission Aircraft, a division of Northrop Grumman Innovation System located in Ft Worth, TX is seeking a Field Service Representative for an overseas assignment. Opportunity will support multiple countries and platforms.
Perform Field Support Representative duties for deployed aircraft - provide training if required, perform system-level troubleshooting, communicate with operators and engineering support organizations. Excellent technical communication skills including the ability to read and comprehend aircraft maintenance manuals, aircraft wiring schematics, Airworthiness Directives (AD), and Service Bulletins (SB).
- Provide support for logistics issues related to supported programs - spares inventory and repair of equipment (shipping and receiving).
- Provide in-the-field assessment of potential system improvements and provide operator/customer feedback on problems and suggested improvements.
- Support integration and test activities in the lab, on the ground, and in flight-test(s).
- Support training development for operators and analysts.
- Experience in reading and interpreting manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing damaged wiring, malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Experience in inspecting airframe and engine electrical systems utilizing applicable maintenance requirement cards and maintenance instruction manuals for defects and malfunctions.
- Possess a well-rounded maintenance background.
- Represents group with team leaders, supply personnel, A&P mechanics, pilots and internal and external customers.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
.Education and Experience
- High School graduate, minimum 6 years' experience
- Minimum of five (5) years recent maintenance experience indicated below with military or civilian special programs.
- Need to be capable of properly installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing specialized mission support equipment as related to assigned contract.
- FAA A&P LICENSE required
- CURRENT US PASSPORT TO SUPPORT CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS REQUIRED.
- One (1) year OCONUS experience preferred.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities required: Possess analytical ability, read and interpret schematics/wiring diagrams, have a positive attitude, be a self-starter, work well with others and have the physical ability to lift and handle heavy material. Possess basic typing skills and computer knowledge. Position will require CONUS/OCONUS long term deployment travel to various locations and various uplift pay, shift-work in addition to scheduled and unscheduled overtime and weekend/holiday work. Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance if required and successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background checks. Cessna Caravan, AC-235 or 295 and/or King Air experience is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 50-75%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED