Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. RF Test Engineer I&T
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Seeking a creative, energetic, and hands-on Senior Test engineer to design, develop, and test RF systems associated with spacecraft satellite hardware. The idea candidate should be familiar with the development of test procedures and automated testing tools used to test RF payloads and telemetry, command, and control systems. The ideal candidate has system level test experience working with spacecraft flight hardware and good computer skills. Daily responsibilities will require test preparation leading to direct contact with satellite and space flight hardware. Candidate must be able to tackle issues utilizing skills obtained in the field of Electrical and RF engineering, or a related discipline, preferably as it relates to system level integration and test. Required skills include the ability to communicate clearly, and to use critical thinking in troubleshoot of problems. The ability to use a scripting language and formulate automated test scripts is highly desirable. Travel to support launch campaigns may be required. Shift and weekend work to support testing will be required periodically.
Some Specific Duties include:
- Support Floor operations leading tasks of various complexity and scope relating to system level testing of spacecraft sub systems (RF communication, Electrical power subsystems, Command and Data Handling, Thermal Control Systems, propulsion and Attitude Control Systems)
- Develop skills to become a shift or overall test lead
- Work independently or in teams to develop and maintain automated test software scripts STOL and paperless procedures based on new requirements, and process improvements
- Development of Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) requirements or drawings including both hardware and software systems.
- Development of launch Campaign procedures and onsite launch integration and test support.
- Learn and develop proficiency on ground command and telemetry support systems
- Evaluate and implement Lean and 6 Sigma solutions to decrease cycle times
A Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering or related discipline with four or more years of related experience.
TS/SCI clearance is required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years