Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Prgm Cntrl Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Manage and coordinate program schedules that support meeting our customer’s goals and expectations. Schedules must be accurate and maintained from program inception through contract closeout.
- Support their respective programs by closely working with the Program / Project Manager(s) and other key program personnel on schedule requirements.
- Generate schedules capable of tracking overall requirements of the project, such as design, procurement, manufacturing and testing.
- Work with project manager to integrate project cost with scheduled activity.
- Perform analysis of schedule critical paths, proactive identification of schedule / cost variances, evaluation of program variance impacts, and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Support project proposal development including schedule creation and cash flow analysis.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with IMP/IMS schedule structure as well as schedules based on Work Breakdown Structures.
- Ability to develop schedules that are traceable to the Statement of Work.
- Required experience with project scheduling and resource loading. Proficient with project scheduling and cost management software tools such as Primavera, costpoint, Open Plan, Cobra and Microsoft Project tools.
- Thorough understanding of the interface requirements between project schedules and cost management software such as Primavera, Open Plan and Cobra
- Self-starter with ability to work independently to gather schedule inputs required to create and maintain schedules.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- A BA or BS degree, preferably in business, engineering or construction management with 5+ years’ experience.
- Proficient at one or more project scheduling and cost management software tools such as Primavera, Costpoint, Cobra and Open Plan.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel and Access is desirable.
- Must be a US Citizen
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years