Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Test Technician for our location in Mesa, AZ.
The Test Technician will execute test operations for experimental and production testing of various medium caliber weapon systems. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager. This position is located in Mesa, Arizona. Specific responsibilities include:
- Work in a munitions test environment with medium to high complexity weapon systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Engineers, Operations, and Customers in a fast moving environment.
- Interface with engineering and operations personnel in the development and performance of test plans, test readiness reviews, data reduction, and reporting to meet test objectives and schedules.
- SAFETY is our number one priority. Directly responsible for the safety of personnel and equipment during test execution and taking preventative measures against any unsafe acts or processes.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in mechanical/electrical assembly or test.
- High mechanical and/or electrical aptitude
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop collaborative relationships with Engineering and Operations.
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs. repetitively and bend and stoop repetitively.
- Familiarity with firearms, ammunition and explosive handling preferred.
- U.S. Citizen
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED