Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Preventative Maintenance Technician
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a cleared Preventative Maintenance Tech for our Northridge, CA location. Relocation assistance - while not guaranteed - may be available.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The candidate’s primary function will be to perform preventative maintenance on all specialized test equipment for the entire AARGM production floor including but not limited to anechoic and thermal chambers. Candidate will work closely with the floor supervisors, metrology and engineering to ensure all schedules are met and any issues that arise are resolved. You will also assist with the assembly and build of new test stations and other test equipment.
- Perform maintenance on Specialized Test Equipment
- Maintain Specialized Test Equipment log book for Test Techs and Test Engineers
- Work closely with metrology to support production needs.
- Assemble electronic units by reading blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and engineering instructions.
- Good understanding and knowledge of technical/engineering practices with an ability to interpret test procedures, specifications and drawings
- Follow aerospace standards including AS9100
- Familiarity with IPC J-STD-001
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Excellent communication skills, ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have team-oriented attitude, accountability and ownership.
- Questions to ask yourself:
- Are you a self-starter, and able to take initiative?
- Able to multitask?
- Time management?
Required Education and Experience
- Department of Defense ACTIVE SECRET Security Clearance.
- Familiarity with standard test equipment: multi-meter, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope, signal generators, power meter, power supplies.
- The ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and engineering instructions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access and Excel)
- Lift up to 50lbs
- High School Diploma or GED, plus minimum 2 years' experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED