Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Finance Intern for Summer 2019!
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, Northrop Grumman Armament Systems is a leading innovator and producer of advanced weapons that provide the warfighter superior battlefield capabilities. The division specializes in creating low-cost, highly reliable and precise munitions for artillery and mortar systems and is a world leader in developing and producing tactical and training ammunition for medium and large caliber weapon platforms. Armament Systems also creates systems that protect soldiers on the battlefield and reduce collateral damage.
The division is a leading supplier of integrated medium-caliber weapon systems for land, air and sea platforms through its world renowned Bushmaster® line of automatic cannons produced at its Mesa, Arizona facility.
Through its management of America’s largest, privately owned proving grounds, Armament Systems allows Northrop Grumman and its customers the ability to rapidly test weapons and demilitarize them when necessary.
Norhtrop Grumman's Armament Systems Division has an exciting position for a Finance intern located at its facility in Plymouth, MN. As a Finance Intern your responsibilities will be to perform various tasks within the division’s financial planning/analysis and budgeting departments. You will work with a team environment to accomplish your objectives. The expected starting date for this position is 5/20/2019.
Specific responsibilities/experiences include, but are not limited to:
- Updates and maintains accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions
- Assists in the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial & operational reports data to ensure management has accurate and timely information to make decisions and meet business objectives
- Maintains financial files and records
- Conducts variance analysis on key financial metrics
- Works on special projects. In past year, this has included physical inventory of fixed assets, enhancements to accounting software and tohers
Basic Qualifications/Required Skills:
- Undergraduate or graduate student in accounting, finance or related field is required
- Minimum 2 years completed towards the degree
- Experience and/or knowledge or coursework in the accounting field
- Must have basic accounting knowledge of GAAP and transaction accounting
- Must be reliable, organized, self-motivated, and possess a high degree of integrity. Past work experience with maintaining confidential data is strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project) and demonstrated ability to learn new applications
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently and organize/prioritize job assignments and tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to management and cross functional team members
- Strong problem solving skills
- U.S. Citizenship
- 3.0 GPA minimum
Our strategy is to deliver affordable innovation to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products - and your ideas - into the future. You'll be amazed at what you can do! Norhtrop Grumman offers a fast-forward environment for analytical and creative thinkers. Our organization is built on a foundation of outstanding talent and is committed to growing the skills of our workforce. Norhtrop Grumman employees experience challenges of national and international significance that can't be overstated. United in pride and shared goals, Northrop Grumman employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver innovative solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Norhtrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Intern
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year