Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman has an for a Transportation Analyst for our location in Elk River, MN.
We are seeking an experienced transportation analyst with experience in DoT, DOD, HazMat, Freight, NAFTA, C-TPAT and other related regulations. Familiarity with DOD ammunition shipments is desired.
- Performs analysis regarding shipping costs and methods
- Coordinates all incoming and outgoing shipments of freight and explosives at TPG
- Maintain and update magazine inventory for control of explosive and weapon database
- Work with Production control and property on ATF, DCMA and internal sensitive and non-sensitive materials inventory’s.
- Work with production control to pack and ship products to the government
- Maintain logs for future and past incoming government property
- Understand unconventional inventory management system
- Ensures that customers receive product intact and on time
- Develop and implement shipping and receiving procedures
- Evaluate and select carriers and other transportation methods, rates, and routes based on cost and on-time
- Negotiates freight rates with carriers
- Develop manpower and transportation plans for programs
- Develop programs to audit, monitor, and evaluate carrier costs and past performance.
- Manage hazardous materials
- Able to get a secret clearance
- MS office skills, data base management skills for bill of Lading preparation( BOL GBL AM114 Haz Dec)
- Military Logistics and transportation experience preferred.
- Experience in marking and data transmission requirements for Item Unique Identification, (UID), RFID, and Mil-STD-129/130
- Knowledge of INCOTERMS 2010 and experience with HTS / Schedule B classifications
- Experience in the preparation of export documentation for overseas shipment pursuant to the Arms Export Control Act, International Traffic in Arms Regulation, (ITAR), and U.S. Department of Commerce, using applications such as, AED Direct, OCR EASE, and DOD systems such as Freight Management/SPE systems, EWAM,(External Web Access Management), SIRS, (Shipment Instruction Request System0, and Wide Area Workflow, (WAWF)
- High school, 2 year college or military logistics experience required.
- 3-5 years Logistics, Shipping/Receiving experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED