Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Program Scheduler
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Program Scheduler to develop and maintain program Integrated Master Schedules for our Defense Electronics Systems team at the Northridge, CA location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The position will develop, maintain and status network based schedules in support of aerospace engineering development programs using Microsoft Project version 2013.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Fully understands critical path schedule network processing, driven by logic, durations and date constraints.
- Experience with IMP/IMS schedule structure as well as schedules based on Work Breakdown Structures.
- Ability to develop schedules that are traceable to the Statement of Work.
- Full understanding of EVMS and experience with developing schedules that integrate with EVMS financial systems.
- Ability to create and implement coding structures and use custom fields to generate schedule exception reports relative to the SOW, WBS, IMP/IMS, EVMS, time, manager and float values, etc.
- Experience with schedule health metrics, including the DCMA 14-point assessment criteria.
- Experience with exporting schedule data to Excel to create productivity metric charts.
- Experience with both critical path analysis, driving path analysis, and schedule risk analysis.
- Experience with resource loading schedules, including both labor and material.
- Be motivated to work independently with minimum supervision to gather schedule inputs required to create and maintain schedules, but still understand the importance of being a contributing team member.
- Experience with initiating program change requests to document schedule baseline changes for baseline control.
- Experience with creating top level presentation schedule charts.
- Exposure to the DCMA schedule baseline review and audit process and knowledge of their schedule guidelines, including vertical and horizontal schedule traceability.
- Familiarity with the schedule integration of external customer or subcontractor program activity.
- A BA or BS degree, preferably in business or engineering.
- Ability to obtain DOD security clearance.
- 5 or more years of aerospace or construction scheduling experience.
- Proficient in MS Project, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Competencies for Success:
- Optimizes work processes, drives results, and drives engagement
- Is customer focused while balancing internal stakeholders
- Ability to work with minimal direction with strong problem solving skills
- Results oriented (commitment to follow up), self-motivated /self-reliant, proactive, team player
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interface at all organizational levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with strong attention to detail
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years