Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Test Technician
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Principal Test Technician for our Northridge, CA locaiton.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Candidate will perform acceptance tests on complex electronics including functional analog and digital tests as well as engineering evaluation tests.
- Ability to interpret test requirements, standards and specifications
- Ability to complete vibration testing & setup work per instructions
- Familiarity with standard test equipment: multi-meter, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope, signal generators, power meter, power supplies.
- Experience in using computerized electronic measuring equipment, instrumentation &/or data acquisition systems
- The ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and engineering instructions for assembling electronics units.
- Good understanding and knowledge of technical/engineering practices with an ability to interpret test procedures, specifications and drawings
- Follow aerospace standards including AS9100
- Experience in supporting various tests, from sub systems including specifying instrumentation requirements through higher level Final Acceptance Tests
- Ability to work overtime as needed to support off site vibration testing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access and Excel)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have team-oriented attitude, accountability and ownership
- Department of Defense SECRET Security Clearance is mandatory; must be able to secure a Secret Clearance in a reasonable time to maintain this position.
- At least 5+ years electronic experience
Education and Experience
- High School or Equivelant (GED)
- 6+ years' experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED