Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Quality Assurance Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Sector is seeking a Principal Quality Assurance Analyst be a key member of the Safety and Mission Assurance Leadership Team. This position will be located at Bacchus (Magna) or Promontory, UT.
This position will be responsible for providing leadership and expertise with a focus on process compliance across the breadth of Propulsions Systems. The candidate will need a strong technical and business systems background to review and evaluate systemic effectiveness and regulatory compliance. The job requires the desire and ability to foster the culture and vital behaviors that result in complete process compliance. This job is ideal for a strong leader looking for an opportunity to take Propulsion Systems to the next performance level with respect to process compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Effective partnership with the leadership of functional departments and interaction with external compliance regulators is expected.
- Primary focus will be seeking systemic root cause solutions and identifying corrective action strategies related to process compliance.
- Lead and coordinate a division Corrective Action Board (CAB)
- Engage senior and functional leaders in accountability for root cause analysis and effective preventive/corrective action implementation across programs, plants, processes, and personnel, and allocation of resources to ensure effectiveness of our systems.
- Capstone leader of a disciplined and systematic approach to cause and corrective action, trends and systemic issues as discussed and analyzed on a routine basis at the division CAB.
- Demonstrated success leading teams.
- Interacting appropriately and professionally with government and customer representatives.
- Identify trends and systemic issues, solve complex problems through systematic and objective analysis of information, support development of appropriate process improvement plans, and implementation of effective systemic process improvements.
- Fosters culture and vital behaviors that result in compliance.
- Facilitates effective interactions and discussions related to compliance with government and customer representatives.
- BS degree in a related STEM field and 9+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to identify systemic trends and issues, and to develop and implement appropriate process improvements.
- Demonstrated understanding of product life cycle and functionality across all major aspects of the business, such as design, production control and operations, safety and mission assurance, risk management, root cause analysis, product sell-off, etc.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a Classical Engineering field is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years