Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join our Propulsion Systems Division finance team at our Bacchus, Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Financial Analyst is responsible for partnering with program management, operational and functional leadership, customers, and other financial groups to plan and execute programs and operating plans.
As a financial analyst you will drive results and provide recommendations to leadership by performing various functions such as:
- Forecasting sales, profit, cash flow, detailed labor and material costs, and staffing demand
- Establishing budgets and schedules for programs and operational organizations
- Supporting program and operational execution through weekly and monthly performance analysis on financial, schedule, and operational plans and communicating key information, trends and recommendations to leadership
- Developing cost estimates and justifications for external customer proposals and internal business cases
- Participating in the management and control of costs, schedules, and scope through the management control system (i.e. Earned Value Management or EVMS). This includes working with Control Account Managers (CAMs) and using our EVM applications; Primavera (IMS), Cobra (Cost Engine), and other applications
- Partnering with operational organizations to establish and manage indirect budgets and capital plans
- Providing Estimate-at-Completion (EAC) updates for programs and operational organizations
- Candidate must have a BS and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVMS) or PMP Certification a plus, but not required
- Experience with scheduling software like MS Project or Primavera a plus, but not required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Ability to analyze data, develop options, and communicate recommendations to leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with people that have technical/professional/management backgrounds
- Strong computer skills, especially analysis and data mining skills
- Understanding of Earned Value Management and related tools a plus, but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field or MBA required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years