Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is looking for a Material Planner to join our team at the Promontory, UT facility.
Role description & Responsibilities:
As a Material Planner for Propulsion Systems Division, you will be responsible to determine the necessary material requirements needed to support the Nozzle Value Stream located at Promontory, UT. In addition, the person selected to fill this role will work with tooling operations to write and develop shop floor planning for the Nozzle Value Stream.
- Create and manage purchase requisitions to ensure timely ordering of necessary materials
- Manage and control material inventory including controlling excess, insufficient, or deficient materials. This may require working with the customer, Engineering, Program Manager, Buyers, Finance, suppliers, or other external vendors
- Ensure that material requirements are available to support production schedules by working closely with production planners, buyers, and procurement quality engineers to ensure that the needed material is on time and meets necessary quality requirements through inspection, analysis, and any applicable testing
- Assist in identifying alternate and/or new materials as needed for IR&D related activities
- Identify and manage material risks
- Resolve moderate to complex material issues as necessary
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency with MRP and scheduling systems (Deltek Costpoint is a plus) and Microsoft Office Products (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Good Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Good Organization and multi-tasking skills
- Willingness to develop new ideas to streamline processes and identify cost savings
- Technical expertise and ability to read technical drawings a major plus
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, business, finance or other related field
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of material planning experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years