Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Project Scheduler/Project Planner
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking an energetic individual to be a Project Scheduler/Planning Analyst in our Propulsion Systems Division located in our Bacchus or Promontory, Utah offices.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Scheduler/Planning Analyst is responsible for developing project schedules that integrate cost, technical requirements and schedule elements together into an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). They partner with program management, operational and functional leadership, customers, and other financial groups to plan and execute programs and develop proposals.
Examples of work assignments that a Project Scheduler/Planning Analyst will be completing:
- Prepare, issue, and control an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) in accordance with program requirements
- Develop detail level resource loaded schedules with technical status criteria
- Maintain schedule integrity including resolving logic conflicts
- Advise management on status of work in progress
- Focal point for coordination of new and revised IMS with all stakeholders
- Be able to learn new concepts and processes quickly and be able to adapt as they change from time to time
- Training others in usage of program management software applications
- Train and support program financial analysts and Control Account Managers (CAM’s)
- Audit schedule quality and integrity and be able to resolve any issues that arise in a timely manner
- Additional Support areas:
- Program proposals and preliminary scheduling plans
- Verifying accuracy of budgets and forecasts in an integrated environment
- Data integration
- Program status accuracy
- Program baseline integrity
- 5 years of program management / scheduling/ or relevant experience
- An understanding of basic budgeting, forecasting and reporting concepts
- Proficient using MS Office Suite
- Experience using a scheduling software like MS Project or Primavera
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Proficiency in Primavera Scheduling
- Experience with managing programs using Earned Value Management
- PMI Program Management Professional [PMP] certification
- Experience training others
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Production, Supply Chain Management or equivalent and 5 years of experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years