Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Process Engineering Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman's Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an experienced Process Engineering Manager to provide leadership to our Promontory Value Stream team at our Promontory, Utah office.
Manager, Process Engineering Department consisting of 10-12 Process and Handling Engineers responsible for the Promontory Casting, Flare, and Decoy processes at the Promontory facility. The handling engineering group is responsible for setting handling standard across all of PSD and are required to ensure compliance all PSD process locations as well as launch sites.
- Fostering a culture of safety and procedural compliance.
- Builds a team through unity, positive attitude, and encouragement.
- Vision to develop and the execution of leadership objectives, which includes team member and process development utilizing strong technical approach,
- Strong team member coaching, performance reviews, and recruitment
- Builds confidence from subordinates, peers, VSET leads, and senior leadership
- Ensure required engineering staffing resources are effectively deployed to support, prevent and resolve production processing issues,
- Staffing budget responsibilities, forecasting, EAC, and proposal development,
- Creation of staffing plans, and monthly forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute vision, drive improvement, and long term focus
- Strong understanding of problem solving techniques, implementation of PES principles, and commitment to Northrop Grumman leadership philosophies, which includes leadership standard work, and company values,
- Demonstrated commitment to the VSO/VSET team approach,
- Assertive work ethic, setting a strong leadership example,
- This position includes a portion of on floor support within the Casting, Flare, and Decoy areas which requires a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Operations understanding with strong focus on safety and execution excellence.
- Fosters a culture of safety and procedural compliance.
- Minimum experience required: At least 10 years of processing or operations experience,
- Demonstrated experience as project lead, with strong problem solving skills,
- Demonstrated leadership/experience working closely with operations,
- General knowledge of handling processes and requirements (cranes, forklifts, and other hoisting operations).
- Demonstrated technical problem solving techniques / skills
- Rocket motor or defense article processing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge engineering management tools (ePIC, ESI, SIS/EMS, etc.)
- Effective communication skills
- PPCB / HOPS experience (Safety Focused Processing)
- DOD4145.26, ATF knowledge
- Working knowledge of energetic material processing.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required with 10 years of experience
- MS with 7 years of experience, or PhD with 5 years of experience
- Security Clearance preferred
- Active Employee Possessor authorization or ability to obtain authorization.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years