Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Auditor to join our team at our Promontory, Utah office.
Successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the internal audit team in evaluating system effectiveness across ATK Propulsion Systems products and processes. They will monitor and assist in root cause and corrective action and perform effectiveness reviews. Cross training to support other internal audit functions will be encouraged and expected.
- This job is targeted to those eager to contribute and drive system improvements.
- Ability to work independently and in groups to evaluate risks, develop plan, schedule, complete, analyze, track and follow-up on process assessments and audits.
- Ability to read and interpret requirements.
- Computer skills: database & data mining, spreadsheets, presentations, report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus.
- Strong customer communication skills.
- Ability to works auxiliary projects to support team goals and process improvements
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to learn and understand new processes.
- Excellent technical writing skills. (A writing example will be required with the interview.)
- Ability to adapt to new software programs.
- Dynamic multi-tasker and problem solver.
- Training in quality systems management such as ISO standards, AS9100, etc.
- Experience in conducting audits/assessments and audit techniques.
- Technical interpretation of requirements and investigating compliance.
- Demonstrated leadership and diplomacy skills.
- Experienced in driving system improvements.
- Ability to identify metrics and measures to track process and system effectiveness.
- B.S. degree in Business or related discipline
- 4-5 years manufacturing experience in aerospace, defense or related industry.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years