Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principle Contract Administrator
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation System’s Propulsion Systems Division, is seeking a Principle Contract Administrator to be located at its Promontory, Utah facility.
Position will have responsibility for US Government programs contract management.
- The successful candidate will handle multiple small to medium contract activities simultaneously.
- Participates in and/or conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, contract closeout, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Examines and evaluates cost estimates and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Presents and negotiates contract terms and conditions, compiles and analyzes data, responsible for contract records management.
- Works to create logical solutions to contractual matters to ensure business unit compliance.
- Team building with internal functions: Program Management, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Mission & Safety Assurance, and Business Development.
- BS degree in Business or related degree, required; an advanced degree (MBA) is highly desired; NCMA certification is a plus.
- 9 years minimum experience in contract management or related field in a USG environment at the prime or subcontract levels.
- Familiarity with contract terms and conditions and in proposal development, negotiation, and contract administration.
- Understanding of commercial/US Government contractual instruments including contract type, terms and conditions, and contract financing vehicles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Database capability also desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities; ability to start, oversee, and follow-through with major assignments and responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Other Preferred Experience:
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Federal Acquisition, NASA Federal Acquisition, and ITAR requirements.
- Knowledge of the contract financing, milestone and, Performance Based payments, and budget planning process.
- Ability to analyze risk and financial data.
Education and Experience
Generally requires BS & 9 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Business Development