Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Princ Mission Assurance Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Principal Mission Assurance Engineer to provide support to our Safety and Mission Assurance / Procurement Quality Engineering team in our Magna, Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Principal Mission Assurance Engineer will demonstrate:
- Performance of Mission Assurance Quality Engineering functions associated with design, fabrication, and inspection of materials/components used in the production of Aerospace materials and hardware both in-house and at supplier facilities
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement Mission Assurance methods and strategies to assure the design, procurement, acceptance, and use of procured item
- Ability to contribution to the completion of detailed technical tasks and communicate solutions both internally and externally
- Ability to work autonomously at suppliers
- Some travel, around 20%, will be required to maintain the supplier quality.
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple tasks
- Ability to apply problem solving/critical thinking skills with application of technical principles, theories and concepts in engineering
- Ability to interface effectively with suppliers, customers, work associates/teams, and management
- Capabilities to study, understand, and apply stringent procedures to assigned duties. Ethics, compliance, and quality of work are essential to this position.
- BS degree – Classical Engineering Degree (Chemical, Mechanical or Aerospace preferred)
- 7 years’ related work experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years