Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Operations Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems group is currently seeking a Sr. Operations Manager to provide leadership for our Promontory Value Stream team at our Promontory, Utah facility.
As a Sr. Operations Manager, you will report to Jeff Hewlett and manage a team of Supervisors, OTS’s and highly skilled operators to meet quality and on-time delivery for all Mix/Cast products for all programs excluding AP production and excluding Flares and Decoy Final Assembly. In this role you will learn all aspects of propellant manufacturing. You will be responsible for maintaining a safe and compliant area in accordance with policy and procedures as well as development of personnel, cross training, staffing and managing resources in support of program schedules.
- Maintaining a safe work environment (personal and professional)
- Ensure high quality products are produced, on schedule, and within cost
- Ensure tools, plans, people and material are available to complete assigned workloads
- Daily tie-in with production operations teams for work load, priority and the supervision of assigned personnel
- Execute day-to-day operations of a group of employees to complete daily production goals in support of business requirements
- Ensure operator training on procedures, quality documents, and safety is complete and effective
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for performance management and corrective action
- Administer and implement corrective action on incidents and FOD/other issues
- Initiate Maintenance Work Orders, Tool Discrepancy Reports, Tooling Change Notices and Facilities Engineering Orders, and track to completion
- Coordinate production needs with scheduled maintenance work
- Write and process Damaged Tool and Property Reports
- Lead 8D Cause and Corrective Action projects
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of manufacturing or related experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and operating procedures
- ? Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to apply PES principles to improve process flow and standardization of processes.
- A BS degree in Engineering or technical field is required and an advanced degree is preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules; day or night shifts, including weekends if necessary
- Successful history of managing personnel in high energy assignments while promoting a safe and productive environment
- Proven leadership skills and experience with PES improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated understanding of energetic operations and safety requirements
- Computer skills: Excel, Access, Power Point, Word
- 8D method for problem solving
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Startup of operations that process energetic materials
- Knowledge of most aspects of energetic production operations including mixing,casting and ingredient preparation.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years