Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Business Development Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Sector is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager located at our Bacchus, UT facility.
Role description & Responsibilities:
This role will have strategy and business development responsibility for Commercial and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) programs which includes the Orion, GEM, and CASTOR® product lines and a variety of additional components and systems for multiple existing and potential customers. This position will require extensive interfacing with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), United Launch Alliance (ULA), and multiple internal Northrop Grumman organizations located throughout the US and internationally. Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with Program Management to develop and maintain the strategic roadmap for Commercial and MDA business lane through understanding of core, adjacent, and evolving market dynamics. Perform primary and secondary market analysis to substantiate strategic priorities.
- Understanding the competitive landscape including identifying, recommending, and fostering potential teaming opportunities with key industry partners to enhance Northrop Grumman competitiveness.
- Maintaining full cognizance of ongoing and evolving Commercial and MDA programs by regular discussions with decision-makers and support staff at all levels to gain and keep customer intimacy.
- Serving as capture manager or support capture team in proposals for new Commercial and MDA solicitations including: participating in “color team reviews” of specific pursuits, developing Price to Win, leading competitive analysis, supporting cost estimates and gathering, managing Decision Gate Reviews, and bringing knowledge of customer and competitors to proposal development
- Communicating with customers on ongoing Northrop Grumman programs to solicit constructive feedback and insure program success and growth.
- Introducing Northrop Grumman leaders and managers to appropriate government decision makers
Required experience and background:
- Bachelor degree in engineering, advanced technical or business
- 15 years of experience in the aerospace business, government or industry with leadership experience. Strongly prefer 5 years of experience in industry business development or program management.
- Understanding of core Business Development, competitive analysis, capture management, and proposal development processes
- Extensive knowledge of MDA and commercial programs
- Technical knowledge of solid propulsion systems, launch vehicles, and interceptor systems and operations.
- Good knowledge of US aerospace industry, including primes, suppliers, and services and their capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with existing aerospace professionals.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Northrop Grumman divisions and customer locations within and outside of the US
- Ability to obtain a Secret Level Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years