Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman - Innovations Systems is seeking a Program Manager to support our advanced ammunition portfolio of programs. This position will support our Armament Systems Division located in Plymouth, MN.
This position is responsible for the capture, development, transition to production, and production of a portfolio of advanced ammunition discretionary and customer funded efforts. Responsibilities include:
- Program Capture - Interface directly with Customers and Senior Management to include technical briefings and business case development. Participate in the creation of technology roadmaps and product development plans. Develop win strategies and capture plans and lead the capture and proposal efforts.
- Team Leadership – Select, develop, set roles and responsibilities, and provide overall leadership of multiple development/production efforts. Manage personnel, program priorities, requirements, cost and schedule across multiple efforts to ensure maximum benefit to NGIS and the customer.
- Program Execution – Establish and communicate overall program objectives, mission, vision and strategy. Manage cost, scope, customer satisfaction and schedule.
- Technical Performance – Drive technical excellence by setting program standards, managing risk, creating and capturing opportunities, and delivering performance.
- Financial Performance – Track and control costs to meet financial objectives.
Schedule Management – Oversee the development of the program plans and integrated master schedules. Track and control schedule performance.
- Company Customer Interface – Represent NGIS and service the customer through program execution. Develop customer relationships and translate the voice of the customer to requirements and strategies.
- Communication – provide clear and timely communication of program status to leadership and stakeholders.
- Experience in Program Management and leading multifunctional program teams
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to operate and lead in team environment, and teach and mentor others to manage in same way
- Ability to manage revenue, profit and cash performance of programs
- Strong experience in Earned Value Management
- Ability to manage risk to reduce likelihood and severity of program impacts
- Ability to resolve disputes and negotiate with positive outcome while maintaining good relationships with customers
- Strong formal and informal communication skills with all levels of internal and external management
- Defense Industry experience desired
Core Competencies for Success:
- Managing Vision and Purpose: Creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision
- Building Effective Teams: Ability to blend people into teams and define success in terms of the whole team
- Directing Others: Is good at establishing clear directions and stretching objectives. Lays out work in a well-planned, organized, appropriately distributed manner
- Command Skills: Relishes leading and is looked to for direction in a crisis
- Peer Relationships: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all
- Composure: Can handle stress; is a settling influence in a crisis
- Customer Focus: Meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and establishes/maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust/respect.
- Leadership and Drive. Must be the driving force for success and lead from the front. Comfortable in command and control of the program
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish even in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Total Work Systems: Delivers the highest-quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/physics/applied science; Masters preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years