Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to provide support to our Armament Systems Division team in our Elk River, MN offices.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Perform Load, Assemble, Pack (LAP) processes of energetics and/or munition systems in a team or individual environment.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Work in a non-typical low volume production environment with medium to high complexity components.
- Operate/perform many different types of equipment, gauges and processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Engineers, Production Control, and Test Personnel in a fast moving environment.
- Follow Detailed Operating Procedures and collect/record data as necessary.
- Work with Engineers to develop mechanical designs during early stage development programs.
- Ability to multi-task.
- 2 year degree from a trade school or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years experience in mechanical assembly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- High mechanical aptitude preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years