Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Manufacturing Technology Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman - Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Technology Manager to provide leadership in manufacturing complex electronic and mechanical assemblies for our location in Plymouth, MN.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- This position reports to the Sr. Manager of the Product Development Complex and is responsible for managing the day to day assembly operations of a Lean Line that produces precision guided munitions. The PGK Lean Line consists of 23 Assembly Technicians that are working as a team with fellow engineers and technicians to meet specified daily build rates that meet our program contractual delivery requirements.
- Coordinate assembly resources to support the production build, test and delivery of precision guided products to our load and pack facility located north of Elk River, MN. Occasionally requested to provide additional assembly support for other development and production level builds. Maintain a trained agile assembly workforce to meet current booked business which includes almost doubling our current daily build rate by the end of 2019.
- B.S. /B.A. degree with a minimum of 5+ years of manufacturing experience preferred; or an Associate Technology Degree with 5+ years of experience and additional technical writing/communication skills required.
- Minimum 5+ year’s production management or supervision experience in both production and product development build environments.
- Prior experience managing employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with the production of electro-mechanical devices and able to track build schedule, cost, and coordinate the resources to meet contract delivery dates.
- Excellent working experience with internal and external customers, examples include program management, multiple engineering disciplines; U.S. customer representatives and vendors.
- Proven track record of working with individuals, as well as teams, at various levels and disciplines.
- Strong problem solving abilities, including failure analysis and root cause determination.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance and pass a BATFE background check.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years