Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Business Development Representative
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman - Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Principal Business Development Representative to join our Ammunition Business Development team in our Plymouth, MN office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Northrop Grumman is actively seeking a motivated defense/aerospace professional with the demonstrated ability to proactively create, cultivate and enhance relationships with current and potential customers and key contacts in industry and Government to identify, develop, and capture new business opportunities. The responsibilities of the position will balance external customer relationship management activities with internal support of the daily operations of the ammunition business development team. The Business Development Representative role reports directly to the Ammunition Business Development Director.
The Business Development Representative will:
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential customers and stakeholders within the domestic ammunition market segment.
- Gather intelligence through customer interaction and market analysis to identify strategic new business opportunities.
- Prepare consolidated business development capture plans and pursuit briefings in support of new business acquisition.
- Proactively work with external customers and internal stakeholders across departments and business segments to execute structured and planned business development and capture initiatives.
- Develop and deliver customer presentations which communicate recommended ammunition solutions that address requirements critical to providing lethal overmatch to the Warfighter.
- Develop presentations and white papers that communicate growth strategies and plans for legacy and advanced ammunition programs to senior management within the Ammunition Business Segment.
- Coordinate customer visits, internal meetings and web-based conferences in support of new business development.
- Perform research activities in support of new business development, capture strategy, and proposal development.
- Maintain the business development CRM database for all active ammunition new business opportunities and pursuits.
- 10 years of DoD sector work.
- Solid understanding of the DOD market and acquisition processes.
- 5 years’ experience in Business Development, Marketing, or Program Management.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in effective and successful negotiations.
- Strategic thinker with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- US citizenship required.
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Prior experience with large and medium caliber military armaments.
- Previous military experience as a senior staff officer.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Business Development