Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman at our Rocket Center, WV location is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Ensures a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Prior experience working with overhead power distribution.
- Develop procedures for electrical repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Inspect work performed to ensure work is within code and aligns to the scope of the work.
- Ability to interpret and provide written and verbal instructions.
- Interprets, recommend, and executes processes/procedures that affect direct reports.
- Plan and schedule projects, including estimating of time and materials, while maintaining accurate records.
- Provides technical support to engineering staff in the maintenance (routine and non-routine) of manufacturing equipment.
- Supports Facilities Projects as required
- Ensure adequate parts supply for critical spare parts and equipment.
- Reviews results for timeliness, quality, and cost effectiveness to support departmental goals.
- Align resources to projects to ensure an efficient and effective method.
- Interacts frequently with direct reports and managers concerning operations of equipment and scheduling of work assignments.
- Partner with other maintenance areas to coordinate job assignments to ensure work is being performed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Develop, coordinate and schedule safety and procedure training within established guidelines.
- Provides sound judgment and ensures overall quality and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field preferred Electrical Engineering or Five (5) years proven Industrial Maintenance Supervision experience across multiple Trades
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic equipment and Natural Gas Stream generation
- Prior experience supervising in a manufacturing environment preferred unionized setting
- Knowledgeable of PLC programming and interfaces
- Experience with Lean manufacturing techniques
- Availability and willingness to work a variety of shifts, as needed, which may include 2nd or 3rd shift
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
- Prior experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as Dispatch, Maximo etc.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years