Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
HVAC and Refrigeration Mechanic
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Duties: Under minimum supervision, install, maintain and repair water pumps, hydraulic systems, servo systems, controllers and air conditioning & refrigeration systems. Inspect, dismantle, repair, assemble, service & erect all types of mechanical and processing equipment.
Responsibilities: Candidate must be able to organize work area and maintain neat and proper records. Candidate must be able to analyze data and make appropriate judgments and must be able to work effectively with Plant Management.
- High school diploma required.
- Mechanical ability to perform following duties: Experience servicing, maintaining and repairing industrial mechanical equipment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience servicing, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing industrial refrigeration systems.
- Must possess valid Universal Refrigeration certificate.
- Candidates must provide documentation showing all applicable experience and training with appropriate references.
Must have a thorough understanding of mechanical systems including but not limited to:
- · Conveyor Systems
- · Automated Production Machines
- · Perform Preventative Maintenance on plant equipment
- · The ability to use CMMS, Computerized Maintenance Management System
- · Theory and practice of refrigeration mechanics and controls, gear and pulley systems, air compressors, filters and dryers, and pumps
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED