Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Calibration Tech
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Successful candidate will work independently to perform a wide range of calibration tasks.
- Install, set-up, and maintain electronic and mechanical equipment used in the verification of precision manufactured products.
- Maintain calibration system with traceability to National Bureau of Standards.
- Communicate solutions to routine technical problems within the Metrology Lab’s policies and procedures.
- Take a proactive role in supporting the Metrology Lab Team and in providing customer support building a high level of trust with internal and external customers.
- Supports ISO/IEC 17025 certification efforts as needed; familiarity with ANSI/Z540; supports audits, as required.
- Supports or leads PES continuous improvement project(s), as required.
- Supports KPIs
Other desired requirements include:
- Experience in electronics and precision hand tools is required.
- Basic shop mathematics is required.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control techniques is helpful.
- Experience with machine controls, fabrication, and tooling is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Access and SharePoint.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills needed to provide Metrology technical interface with customers.
- High School Diploma/GED & 4 years or equivalent combination of education & experience. Associates degree in Electrical, Electronics, Engineering Technology, or other related technical field, or equivalent military training preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working in a manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
- The candidate must possess the ability to interact with Engineers within the organization, for any advice and questions regarding the various products we design and manufacture for which the candidate will be troubleshooting and repairing.
- Experience is needed in having used a wide variety of Testing and Measurement Equipment (off the shelf and custom) and with being proficient with many types of hand tools (mostly Electronics), in addition to light mechanical tools as well.
- Being both organized and Computer literate is necessary as all Calibration Failure Notices (CFN’s), repair actions, etc., are provided by calibration software.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years