Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Test Tech
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Test Technician for our Structures Lab at our Rocket Center, WV facility.
- Support production and development programs as part of the Energetics Testing Group starting at the Structural Test Lab.
- Set-Up and execute rocket motor case hydroproof and hydroburst testing.
- Set-Up and execute structural and combined loads testing.
- Prepare instrumentation for test, and instrument test articles.
- Set-Up, and operation of servo control system for medium/high pressure H2O systems.
- Set-Up, and execution of the data acquisition system and data reduction software
- Set-Up, and operation of temperature conditioning equipment
- Work with Customers (Internal and External)
- Associate’s degree in technical field, preferably mechanical or electrical background or a minimum of 2 years related working experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret test arrangement drawings
- Demonstrated PC and Microsoft Office EXCEL Skills
- Basic soldering skills
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
- Knowledge of pressure, force, temperature and strain gage instrumentation
- Data Acquisition System experience
- EXCEL Macro programming skills
- ACCESS Database skills
- Basic knowledge of servo control systems
- Sound mechanical ability
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year